Appsheet icons giving me a 404

I have a navigation dataset with an Icon column set to an Image data type. In my primary navigation view, the main image is looking up to the Icon column. The icon images are small GIFs I've used in a previous app that worked just fine, so I know they're not too large for Appsheet. They're actually quite small. The image files live within a folder that lives within the folder holding the app's data spreadsheets.

I cannot get them to show on this new app. I keep getting the 404 exclamation-mark-inside-triangle response.

Things I have done:

• Set the sharing settings on the folder to anyone with the link.
  • Create a new folder (same sharing settings) and upload the files there.
  • Upload the files directly into the main folder holding the data spreadsheets.
  • Download new files from IconScout (where I got the original icons) in case the old files were corrupted somehow.
  • Upload new files with different names.
  • Leave the link raw instead of shortening it (as seen in screenshot).

Below are screenshots of:

1. The error in preview
  2. Navigation View
  3. The navigation data as in the spreadsheet (You'll see just one image is linked in the Icon column because I deleted the others a little bit ago. All images are giving me the same problem)

3.png1.png2.png

Solved Solved
0 2 82
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"404" means the images are not found.  This typically is because the path to the images is not correct. 

Assuming you haven't changed the app default path in the app,  your image info in the sheet needs to include the folder (or folders) UNDER the  "appsheet/data/<<your app folder>>" portion of the path.

For example, if your app folder is "appsheet/data/yourapp-123456"  and your images are in a folder under this named "Images" with one of those being store(1).gif, then the path that needs to be in the sheet is "Images/store(1).gif"

How are the images being added to the folder?   Through the app or did you manually upload them?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

"404" means the images are not found.  This typically is because the path to the images is not correct. 

Assuming you haven't changed the app default path in the app,  your image info in the sheet needs to include the folder (or folders) UNDER the  "appsheet/data/<<your app folder>>" portion of the path.

For example, if your app folder is "appsheet/data/yourapp-123456"  and your images are in a folder under this named "Images" with one of those being store(1).gif, then the path that needs to be in the sheet is "Images/store(1).gif"

How are the images being added to the folder?   Through the app or did you manually upload them?

Thanks for the response!

I messed around with changing the app's default Image/File path, but it was giving me errors with everything I tried so I ultimately just left it blank.

I went ahead and updated the sheet in the manner you described. And then synced the data in my app's preview but it still didn't work.
4.png
You're correct about the location of the folder. It's in appsheet/data/Sales App Data/Images. I even tried making it Sales App Data/Images/Store (1).gif, but it still didn't work.

I uploaded the images manually into the Drive folder.

EDIT: NEVERMIND I got it working! It was Sales App Data/Images/[link], I just accidentally tested it in the wrong navigation tab, hence differing navigations in the screenshots. Thank you!!!

Top Labels in this Space