Appsheet pricing

Hi,

If appsheet determines what is an active user by how and when they login, then why do I need to actively go into my account and purchase a number of licenses? Why doesnโ€™t appsheet just charge me for the number of users I have given access to my app to?

Obviously I donโ€™t want to buy 10 licenses and only have 3 of them used. Do I keep going into the billing section and add another licenses everytime I give access to a new user?

Thanks

Phil

0 14 1,120
14 REPLIES 14

Bahbus

You gotta choose in case your app gets shared out of your control and AppSheet determines you had 100 users.

Hi @Phil_Waite,

This is a question/request that has come up since the start of our service. One large reason why we donโ€™t auto-charge for reported usage is exactly as @Bahbus cites. Additionally, machines canโ€™t always make the right assumptions, so, to prevent unnecessary charges, we give more of that power back to the app creator/owner. This also means, that should you have a billing concerns you can always ping sales@appsheet.com for help.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Do I keep going into the billing section and add another license everytime I give access to a new user? If I purchase 10 licenses am I charged for them even if they are not all used? What happens if I add one more user than I have licenses and would it let me?

On one hand it appears that I have to buy a certain number of licenses and on the other Iโ€™m charged per user - this is according to the appsheet literature. Which is it?

Thanks

Phil

Probably the most important concept, pertaining to billing, is understanding the difference between a user and an active user. Adding someone to an appโ€™s whitelist (a way to share an app) does NOT mean you need to have an applicable license for them [yet]; only once a user launches/syncs an app, are they counted as an active userโ€“this is when they need license coverage. So, keep that in mind, if you have a whitelist with 20 folks, but with your best estimates, only around 15 will be using the app, you only need 15 licenses (until the 16th user comes around).

Next questionโ€“if you subscribe to 10 licenses, and you end up with only 9 users, you will still be billed for the number of licenses you have selected to subscribe to, in this case 10 [on your monthly or annual renewal date]. If you end up with the inverse situation, and have 11 users on a 10 license subscription, the system will automatically alert you to upgrade the number of licenses subscribed to. << This is why I wouldnโ€™t necessarily suggest going and upping your license count EVERY time you add a new user to your whitelist, as the system will kindly ping you when you do need to upgrade (and itโ€™s prorated).

Doest this help clear up the confusion?

Hi Ryan,

Thank you. That makes it a lot clearer. I think the pricing section on appsheet needs to reflect the content of your reply as itโ€™s not very clear unless Iโ€™ve missed something.

I understand now though.

Many thanks

Phil

Solid feedbackโ€“appreciate it, and will share with the team.

Let us know if you have other questions around plans or billing. My team is always available at sales@appsheet.com to assist.

โ€“RB

Thanks Ryan,

Itโ€™s much clearer.

Thank you

Phil

We are thinking of moving our catalog to this app instead of maintaining our catalog on a spreadsheet and sending PDFโ€™s to our clients.
We have about 200 customers, some might look at the catalog once a month, others might look at it once a year.
If we have 2 admins in our organization who are editing the app, and 200 customers who are viewing the app, does that mean we need to purchase 202 licenses? Seems like a lot of money for a very basic deployment
Do I understand correctly?

I donโ€™t have experience but I think the native apps are 50$ per month (publisher plan) , you can share link to apk or publish them in stores

thanks!

For anyone reading this post, thereโ€™s one issue you need to be aware of: If you collaborate with other users during development, you will need to stop collaborating 30 days before deploying the app, or you will need to pay for a subscription for those collaborators.

I developed a series of apps with my personal account.
To make it easier to manage I opened an account (now up to 13 users on the Pro plan) and collaborated during development.
I then opened another account to develop an app that needed a Premium plan for management funcitons and collaborated with my personal and user accounts.
When the app was ready to deploy I had to pay 3 licenses on the Premium account because I had collaborated during development with the other two accounts.

So beware - collaborating during development affects you for 30 days after deployment.

Just a side noteโ€ฆ while your co-authored users are working with the app through the editor, we are not counting them as users IF they donโ€™t use the app with the Appsheet app from mobile or Full screen mode with the browser.

Good to know. Thanks

Top Labels in this Space