Asset archives ,Apsheet App Access via Google Group & Applying Attachment tags , labels

Hello Reader ,

I have some things to ask if these are possible with appsheet or not and if yes then please suggest me how to achieve this with appsheet -

1) Can we have the option to archive the asset/file which is uploaded in the appsheet app by user to  different shared drive in the google drive or different folder in the same shared drive where the files are uploaded or in the google storage....can we have this functionality/option in the workflow of the app?

2) Also can we put the tags and labels to the attachments from appsheet itself when we move these attachments from one folder another in same shared drive or other , so it will be easier to search in the drive for those attacments. 

3) Can we give the access of the appsheet app to only those user who are in specific google group...so in order access that app the user should be added or present in particular google group.

0 1 94
1 REPLY 1

Take a look at the following article in the help documentation.

appsheet_rebrand_logo.pngUsing data from Google Drive
 Folder as a Table.

Now this is all theoretical as I have not tried it myself, but it seems to me the following should be possible:

When files are uploaded through AppSheet, they will be stored in a specific folder in Google Drive. You will know the filename for the uploaded file (it will be saved in your data table) and so if  you connect the specific folder to AppSheet as a Google Drive data source, then you should be able to access the file ID based upon the file name. You can also connect another Google Drive folder. Any folders connected in this way will appear as a table in AppSheet with each file as a row in that table. So once this is done, the following answers to your questions should apply:

1. Files can be moved (actually copied and deleted) as rows between the connected folder tables. This will be simple data actions that can be incorporated into workflow. I tested this myself and it seems it is not possible to copy or even add a record through an automated action to a folder as a table. It is possible to delete files, it is also possible to add files manually through a form, but the copy and delete approach I was suggesting is not possible.

2. Tags, more specifically Labels, are something that has been added to Google Drive, although they do need to be enabled by the domain administrator. However, they are not exposed to AppSheet, so no, you can not assign anything to the attachments themselves. You can of course retain all manner of attributes about the file in an AppSheet table, and include a file link, so users could search that data to find the file.

3. Use of domain groups for security is discussed in this article.

appsheet_rebrand_logo.pngUsing Domain Groups as custom roles in your Applications
 Configuring custom domain groups as new roles for use in your Appsheet applications.

Top Labels in this Space