Automatically Change status of project

Hello,

I am trying to make a Project Manager. I have two tables a Projects table and a Tasks table. All the tasks will belong to a Project and I have this linked up in references. I have on the Projects table a Status column for incomplete or complete. I want to make this automatically change whether or not a task is found on the Tasks table matching the Project ID. So If no tasks are found, it would change to complete automatically or if a new task is added, it would change to incomplete automatically. I am trying to set up a bot to trigger when a change occurs on the Tasks table to find the project IDs, count the matching tasks IDs, and change the status, but am having trouble with it. Does anybody have any guidance or references? Thank you for your time!

Solved Solved
0 2 99
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Random0o wrote:

I want to make this automatically change whether or not a task is found on the Tasks table matching the Project ID. So If no tasks are found, it would change to complete automatically or if a new task is added, it would change to incomplete automatically.

Presuming that you are tracking a status column in child table for open /complete tasks, you could also explore reference actions to update the parent table depending on status of all tasks in the child table.

A related sample app is below. It updates child records based on change in the parent table but you could use reference action from child to parent table as well.

Reference Actions

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Random0o wrote:

I want to make this automatically change whether or not a task is found on the Tasks table matching the Project ID. So If no tasks are found, it would change to complete automatically or if a new task is added, it would change to incomplete automatically.

Presuming that you are tracking a status column in child table for open /complete tasks, you could also explore reference actions to update the parent table depending on status of all tasks in the child table.

A related sample app is below. It updates child records based on change in the parent table but you could use reference action from child to parent table as well.

Reference Actions

Thank you very much! This helps me out and I have it working and updating my status as it's supposed to! 

Top Labels in this Space