Automatically add new user to a specific App

Hi, 

I'm looking for a way to automated add new user to a specific Appsheet app.

The user flow is likely below:

1. User sign up to a form such as Google Form or/an on Appsheet form. The submitions is includes user's email.
  2. User will be auto grant the permission to access a specific app. 

It seems that the API currently does not support this feature. That's why I post here with a hope that you guys may have a alternative solution. 

Thanks, 

Danny

Solved Solved
1 5 599
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

5 REPLIES 5

You can allow all signed in users, and have all view visibilities and security filters be driven by a user table which is filled by your form.

One bad thing when doing like  this, is that you are not able to control who can open the app and you lost the license control.

Hi @AleksiAlkio , 

Thank you for your message. Its been very long time we are not engagment with each other. I remember that we both are some of the first Appsheet user since 20214. 

Regard to your comment, I understand your concern. 

The picture I wan to point out in my first message is that it helps us to build a better onboard user workflow. Why?

As an Appsheet partner, We create app. We then build the user management by ourself. That's why we need the above workflow. 

Here is an real scenarios: 

1) With current option, If anyone interested in use my App, they go to my porfolio and see how it work. They just take a look at it or if I provide they the permission to use the app, then everything is just an sample. It is not like a real experience for that user who want to try to use their own data, input the data to the app and use the app as a real tria. 

2) With automate way to add new user: 
If user sign up and agree with business term or even that he/she make a payment to use the app, let say they has 30 day trial and the app will be very valueable with he/she, then everything will go ahead. 

In this scenarios, within 30 trial days, I was charged by Appsheet for 1 license (and I'm willing to do so), but the user exeperience to use my app is great. With better user exeperience specialy the onboard processing, the conversation rate will be higher. 

That's my idea. 

Am I clear?

I would really like this feature and I would encourage you to vote here: https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Feature-Ideas/New-AppSheet-API-endpoint-to-add-delete-update...

Yeah, That's what I want. Just upvoted it. Thank you, bro. @KingsGuava 

Top Labels in this Space