Automation Bot doesn't work as expect

Hi all, 

I have just created an app and using automation bot to send an email. I created an virtual column on a table called "Status". Here is the formula I use for this column:

IFS(AND([Số lượng]<>0,TODAY()>[Hạn cài đặt]),
"Quá Date",
AND([Số lượng]<>0,TODAY()+30>[Hạn cài đặt]),
"Cận Date",
AND([Số lượng]<>0,TODAY()+30<=[Hạn cài đặt],TODAY()+60>[Hạn cài đặt]),
"Vẫn Tốt",
AND([Số lượng]<>0,TODAY()+60<[Hạn cài đặt]),"Tốt",
[Số lượng]=0,
"Đã gửi",
)

The date on [Hạn cài đặt] will be compared with today() to generate the value for [Status]. Then I created a automation bot with "Data Change" as "Event Type" and I choose "Update only".  I use this expression for the condition of that Event: AND([_THISROW].[Status]="Cận Date",[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Status]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Status]). I expected when [Status] change to value "Cận Date" the app will send me and email. But it didn't.

So what is wrong with my automation bot? How can I make a bot work in my case?

Thank you so much!

Solved Solved
0 2 123
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Bots only respond to changes in normal (not virtual) columns. It appears you want the value of the Status virtual column to change when the date changes, and for the bot to react to that change. Because Status is a virtual column, the bot will not notice the change to the Status value.

I would suggest you instead use a scheduled bot that runs once a day.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Bots only respond to changes in normal (not virtual) columns. It appears you want the value of the Status virtual column to change when the date changes, and for the bot to react to that change. Because Status is a virtual column, the bot will not notice the change to the Status value.

I would suggest you instead use a scheduled bot that runs once a day.

Thanks Steve! I did change it to scheduled bot and it worked!

Top Labels in this Space