Convert Extract Formula in google spreadsheet to appsheet formula

I hope you can help me,
I am using this formula in a spreadsheet to extract specific words from the text in cell E2, the text to extract is between the words "name" and "address"

name
ricardo lopez
address

=EXTRAE(E2,ENCONTRAR("name",E2,1)+4,((ENCONTRAR("addres",E2,1))-(ENCONTRAR("name",E2,1))-4))

is there a way to do it in appsheet with a column formula?

Is there a way to do it in appsheet with some expression without indicating the character length? names change length

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 6 149
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MID( [vc1] , FIND( "name",[vc1])+4 , FIND("address",[vc1])-FIND("name",[vc1])-4 ) 

Where [vc1] is the text column to extract from.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Please try 

SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(([Column with text string]),
FIND("address",([Column with text string]))-2),"name","")

The expression may need further adjustment based on how the text string is exactly composed of. The current expression assumes there is one space between different words in the string.

This expression works well removing the rest of the words from the "address" side but from the side of the word "name" there are also more words and it only removes the word "name" but the rest of the words are still there.
How would I remove the rest of the words from the "name" side?

there are several words on both sides but I only want the words between "name" and "address" to remain

@rikinitro wrote:

there are several words on both sides but I only want the words between "name" and "address" to remain

Oh okay, I had (of course incorrectly) assumed, the string starts with the word "name". Anyway Marc provided a nice compact solution.

MID( [vc1] , FIND( "name",[vc1])+4 , FIND("address",[vc1])-FIND("name",[vc1])-4 ) 

Where [vc1] is the text column to extract from.

Thanks, that's just what I needed

Top Labels in this Space