Automation - Google Sheet Events

I'm attempting to implement a process (Automation/bot) that is triggered by a "Adds Only" an event from a google sheet.

The process involves:

1. A "data action" that involves a "Set Row Values" (basically a SUBSTITUTE(...) on column values)

2. A Task is run that triggers a call to a webhook (using a template with the values in the sheet)

3. A "data action" to delete the row 

I'm seeing odd behaviour from AppSheets automation. The event is obviously working, as I can see the call to the webhook, but it seems that the first and last data action are completely ignored.

If I run the same automation using the "Test" button, then it works without any issue. (the SUBSTITUTE happens, the webhook is called, and the row is then deleted). But only the webhook has any affect when it's triggered via the Google Sheet event.

Looking in the "Automation Monitor" it shows they are "running" under Process > Steps, but the google sheet doesn't have the SUBSTITUTE from step 1, and obviously the row hasn't been deleted from Google Sheet when it's triggered from the Google Sheet Add event.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix this!?

0 1 77
1 REPLY 1

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? 

Top Labels in this Space