Automation SMS Text With Split()

Hi there I have two tables.
1-Employee (Employee Records)
2-Send SMS (filter the data to send SMS)

What I am trying to do is send the SMS to the filler data, which is in the slice call (Message Filler).
When I enter data using the form, it gives me the data in a slice, which I need to send the SMS. But the issue is
When I set automation to send the data, it shows no data.

Here is the formula in Slice that I am using.

AND(
    IN([Shift],SPLIT(Send SMS[Shift],",")),

IN([Depratment],SPLIT(Send SMS[Depratment],",")),

IN([Position],SPLIT(Send SMS[Position],","))
   )

Solved Solved
0 1 97
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am not sure you need to use the SPLIT() functions at all.  Try removing them to get this:

AND(
    IN([Shift], Send SMS[Shift]),

IN([Depratment], Send SMS[Depratment]),

IN([Position], Send SMS[Position])
   )

NOTE:  "Department" is spelled wrong make sure you are using the spelling as saved in your app.

If it is the case that in your "Send SMS" table you have multiple values in each of the columns - Shift, Depratment and Position - then yes you will need to do something different.  It seems like maybe you might have just a single row in "Send SMS"?? Yes??

If you do have just the single row in the "Send SMS" table, then you would need to do this:

AND(
    IN([Shift], SPLIT(ANY(Send SMS[Shift])), ","),

IN([Depratment], SPLIT(ANY(Send SMS[Depratment])), ","),

IN([Position], SPLIT(ANY(Send SMS[Position])), ",")
   )

If you have multiple rows in the "Send SMS" table and each of the columns has multiple values on each row, then expression would need to be (I think , I have never done this but others have๐Ÿ˜ž

AND(
    IN([Shift], SPLIT(CONCATENATE(Send SMS[Shift])), ","),

IN([Depratment], SPLIT(CONCATENATE(Send SMS[Depratment])), ","),

IN([Position], SPLIT(CONCATENATE(Send SMS[Position])), ",")
   )

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I am not sure you need to use the SPLIT() functions at all.  Try removing them to get this:

AND(
    IN([Shift], Send SMS[Shift]),

IN([Depratment], Send SMS[Depratment]),

IN([Position], Send SMS[Position])
   )

NOTE:  "Department" is spelled wrong make sure you are using the spelling as saved in your app.

If it is the case that in your "Send SMS" table you have multiple values in each of the columns - Shift, Depratment and Position - then yes you will need to do something different.  It seems like maybe you might have just a single row in "Send SMS"?? Yes??

If you do have just the single row in the "Send SMS" table, then you would need to do this:

AND(
    IN([Shift], SPLIT(ANY(Send SMS[Shift])), ","),

IN([Depratment], SPLIT(ANY(Send SMS[Depratment])), ","),

IN([Position], SPLIT(ANY(Send SMS[Position])), ",")
   )

If you have multiple rows in the "Send SMS" table and each of the columns has multiple values on each row, then expression would need to be (I think , I have never done this but others have๐Ÿ˜ž

AND(
    IN([Shift], SPLIT(CONCATENATE(Send SMS[Shift])), ","),

IN([Depratment], SPLIT(CONCATENATE(Send SMS[Depratment])), ","),

IN([Position], SPLIT(CONCATENATE(Send SMS[Position])), ",")
   )

Top Labels in this Space