Automation not working as expected

Gert1

Good day.

I have a problem with an automation not performing as expected.
I have an orders table with a [code] column and also a customers table with a secret [code] column.

On the orders table I have an action button changing the [Accepted] column from itโ€™s default โ€œNoโ€ to โ€œYesโ€.
There is an event that gets triggered when the [Accepted] changes to yes.
The event then runs a process doing the following:

1. Run a data action Get Manager Code with input(โ€œCodeโ€, โ€œโ€).
    2)Branch on a condition: It compares the entered code with the secret code stored in the customer table
    If they are different it changes the [Accepted] back to โ€œNoโ€
    If they are the same it goes to 3).
    3)If Yes it runs a data action getting the Customer signature with an input(โ€œSignatureโ€ , โ€œโ€) function.

The problem is that the input() functions are not displayed and the manager can not enter his code or signature.

Here is a screenshot of the Monitor and everything seems to be working fine.

Any idea why it is not working as expected?

Thanks

Gert.

0 8 98
8 REPLIES 8

Iโ€™m a little bit confused since Actions and Bots are not the same thing and AFAIK are not so compatible to do what you say.
I think that this could be done with Actions and nothing else since it seems that you need user interaction and bots are bots

Gert1

Well, as far as I understand it, data actions can be defined and the called in a step of the bot process.
3X_2_f_2f7b1f02fbc02fffee97a7dbef40826daef84fe5.png

Or do you say data actions with user input via Input() function is not supported in the steps.
The way I want to do it is to have as little user interaction as possible. This boils down to a
-button click
-a code prompt and
-a signature prompt.

With only actions Iโ€™ll have to hide buttons under certain conditions and the user interaction will be
-Button Click (Change [Accepted])
-Button Click (Enter code)

• a code prompt
    -Button click (Get signature)
    -signature prompt

with the logic making buttons visible as the process flows and changing fields as the logic determines.

Gert

As far as I know, that is not supported by BOT and Automation, as user interaction is needed during the BOT complete the process.

Well, you already have an idea.
You need a grouped action with different conditions inside of it to make them activate or deactivate when the list of actions is performed

Gert1

Can you explain this a bit more.

I have now tried the following, but it also does not show the user Input() for signature.

The [Accepted] filter is if([Code]=[Customer].[Code], โ€œYesโ€, โ€œNoโ€)
and the signature filter is if([Code]=[Customer].[Code], Input(โ€œSignatureโ€, โ€œโ€), โ€œโ€)

Gert.

BOT is back-end services as a whole.
Input() action is just client services. Once you kick this in to your BOT, BOT will not work.

Conditions are made inside โ€œBehaviourโ€ for each one of the actions

Gert1

Thanks.

I have most of it sorted out now.

Gert

Top Labels in this Space