Automation "Send an email"

Hello, I found out that the โ€œworkflowโ€ section is going to disappear, so I start working with the โ€œautomationโ€ section.
A problem arises, I generate the process, the task, the bot but when I start it up it never sends the email.
I checked the automation but I canโ€™t find where the error is.

How can I replicate a โ€œSend an emailโ€ workflow from the automation section? I think I am doing something wrong, I also checked the email template.

3X_5_1_51362d27cd9eeb053fae34820bd03fa85cae1bfa.png

Solved Solved
0 15 565
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ow I donโ€™t have this.
You may want to contact support@appsheet.com on this case.

I saw various people on the community today (didnโ€™t come for a few days) describing that behavior with the monitor app, it may be a temporary issue.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

I will asume you dont use the default content for the email , if you have an attachment from what i could gather the errors for them wont show in the test page , you will have to go to the monitoring app and search for the bots you want to see what went wrong.

Iโ€™m assuming that the test page is for the legacy workflows and the monitoring app will take over.

@Steve is that correct ?

I donโ€™t know. Thatโ€™s a question more for @prithpal.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

The โ€œTestโ€ page will continue to function for automation bots as well just as it does for workflow rules.

So the error in the attachment template appears in the โ€œTestโ€ page as it appears for workflows? Because i wasnt seeing it there i had to go to the monitoring app. Is this the expected behavior ? could you clarify on this issue ?

Iโ€™m not using the default content, itโ€™s true, I didnโ€™t know that through monitoring I could see if there were errors in the template.
This function is quite new and Iโ€™m still trying to learn how to use it.

I found it by chance as i also had a similar problem

Oh then i would wait for Prithpal as i have no clue if it goes to the monitoring app if you use the test function , but try to invoque it normally a few times , maybe i will show up. Sorry i cant be of more help.

I click on โ€œMonitorโ€ and show me the next page, empty.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Is your app deployed or in a prototype state?

My app is in prototype state, when i run the TEST i receive the message โ€œSucess!โ€ but the email never sents

Look into the โ€œMonitorโ€ app of your bots. You may find additional informations
3X_f_4_f4fb540326d06bd098d9fccdeecc506782635353.png

Thanks for reply, sometimes when i click in monitor i can see all information of events and process but sometimes looks like this:

Ow I donโ€™t have this.
You may want to contact support@appsheet.com on this case.

I saw various people on the community today (didnโ€™t come for a few days) describing that behavior with the monitor app, it may be a temporary issue.

I used to face the same problem, and what I did is recreate the template, and save it as Google Sheet. It does help me.

You may give it a try.

When is the workflow section going away and how long do we have to migrate to this new automation?

Top Labels in this Space