BUG : An expression returning correct result in Appsheet, Appsheet Api returning incorrect result.

HBT
Silver 4
Silver 4

If you have an expression in the App formula:   100+([Column1]/100)

Suppose a value is stored as [Column1]=30.

AppSheet Return Value: 100+([Column1]/100)=1,30
The return value in Appsheet Api is: 100+([Column1]/100)=100

The reason for this lies in the calculation of the return value as 0 in the division operation. So, while it should be 30/100=0.3, the return value is 0.

Dear @lizlynch  I don't know who to alert for this error. But I've been reading your posts about the bugs being fixed. Please send this error to the relevant department.

Solved Solved
0 2 130
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

2 REPLIES 2

Dear marc,

This is the solution I found second time from you. I used a tip from you before. Thank you very much.

Although it's been a long time, I actually remember reading the posts in this link, I read the posts in this link while using the round method.

But the thing that confused me is that the statement working in AppSheet for years produced ridiculous results in Appsheet Api. I had to research why it happened for 3-4 hours. I finally figured out what 10/100 expression would return, by testing.

Anyway, so when dividing a Number type number, it is necessary to convert the divisor to decimal type. So the result of 10/100.0 is =0.1.

However, although I am not entirely sure, we can say that there is a difference between the Appsheet Api and Appsheet codes.

Top Labels in this Space