Basic Example of a Report in Excel Format

I just need a very basic example of a report. I’ve read through all the template examples and can’t get mine to work right. Can someone provide a sample of what to enter in the template to return ALL the results of a slice in Excel format? I got my action/process/task/email working already. Just need the correct template.

Slice name: VIP
Unique ID: LineID
Columns to include in the report: [Full Name], [SKU Title], [SKU]

Thanks

0 6 253
6 REPLIES 6

If you use a BOT, try Manage > Monitor > Automation Monitor, and see if it reports what is wrong.
Usually gives you a clue… (slow though…)

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post a screenshot of your template.

@Steve Here’s what I got. After countless effort I finally got it to work. All the examples in the documentation were too complex. If they just had a simple one It would be much better for newbies like me to grasp an understanding and then expand on it.

Anyway, I got it to work. Except I have the email event set to created it as an attachment .xlsx, and when I download the file and open it in excel I get an error.

<<Start:OrderBy(VIP This Event[LineID], [Event Date], false, [Full Name], false)>><<[Waiver Signed]>>

Here’s the error when trying to open in Excel:

RSR
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Hi @AdemarN . I have exactly the same error message when i try to open the Excel file. ¿Do you finally resolved it?

Thanks.

RSR
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Do you try making the template with a Exel file instead Google Docs?

When a post already has a number of replies to it - some people think the issue is either resolved or being resolved and do not open the post.

Please add your issue in a new post.  This will make sure you get more people seeing it to help you.  And be sure to describe the problem clearly and if you can, add images to further clarify.

Top Labels in this Space