Behavior - Data: add a new row to another table using the value from this row & user input()

I have the following tables:

1 - Employees - A list of  employees (with misc data, none of it important beyond their names. currently 10 employees / 10 rows of data)

2 - Master certificates - A full listing of all certificates that each employee should / could have currently 70 different certifications (70 rows of data).

3 - Staff certificates - A conglomerate list of Employees (10 employees) & each certification (70 certifications) for a total of 700 rows of data

So say we hire someone, to save time I currently have a behavior set up where you can go to the "Master certificates" list and hit the "check box" and bulk select the certifications (Typically all of them) you would like to add to the "Staff certificates"

Tom_Stevens_0-1652130320118.png

Tom_Stevens_1-1652130677811.png

It runs the behaviour and adds 70 entries to the Staff certificates, with no "Employee" assigned. 

I have tried to assign an "input()" to the employee selection field, but it doesn't allow me to select an employee. The best I can do is to tag these new entries as "Replace". Then I have set up a secondary behavior on the "Staff certificates" where you can pick an employee and it replaces that employee with all of the "Replace" tags.

Is there any way that I can accomplish these 2 behaviors in 1? I've been playing with this most of the day and I can't see the forest for the trees anymore. 

Solved Solved
0 2 167
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

2 REPLIES 2

Nice & Thanks! I think I can bang out what I need with a slightly modified version of this: Looping with actions 

Also thanks Steve for the demo app

Top Labels in this Space