Big thank you for Column Ordering in Forms!

Since I was just complaining about some other bugs in another post, that were brought about by new updates, I figure Iโ€™ll balance it out by posting this โ€œthank youโ€ to the Appsheet developers that Iโ€™ve been meaning to do.

Being able to adjust column ordering inside each individual form has been HUGE and has saved soooo much time and effort. Thank you!!!

10 9 467
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

Balance has been restored. You may resume complaining.

Seriously though, this was a MAJOR improvement! Thanks AppSheet!

Canโ€™t canโ€™t CANโ€™T agree more. This was SUCH a huge thing 3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

Can you describe how to do that in the form? It is NOT obviousโ€ฆ

Isnโ€™t this OBVIOUS ENOUGH?? What do you think the name โ€œCoumn orderโ€ implicates?

Ok. I didnโ€™t see the โ€œobviousโ€ because I was using one of the sample Inspection apps and the only two views are a DECK view and a CALENDAR view. I should have explained that. When you add a new item in the DECK view, it opens into a detail form view. The problem is, is that form seems to be created on the fly and settings details are NOT accessible. When I create a NEW VIEW of type FORM, then yes, I see the screen you are talking about with the ability to order the columns. But now I have TWO forms and ONE calendar. Now I have to figure out how to reconcile that. Have you ever worked with the DECK view?

Thatโ€™s the system generated Form UX. Provided you havenโ€™t enabled Show System Views from the UX pane, itโ€™s probably hidden by-default. Click the button to show them, and you will notice it as YourTableName_Form

Well, being an AppSheet Partner and Developer since 2014, I believe I should have been worked.

Ok. I think I found it. It is considered a REF view FORM under system views. Iโ€™ve only been working with this environment for about 4 hoursโ€ฆso still figuring it out.

I believe it should be better to read this as well then:

Ok. Thanks. Iโ€™ll read more and ask less.

Top Labels in this Space