Birthday display

How do I get birthday on my App to display as day and month instead of showing day,month and current year?

0 6 779
6 REPLIES 6

Day([Birthday])&" “&Month([Birthday])
Day() gets the day of the month from a date, &” "& concatenates a space inbetween day and month, Mondy() gets the month of the date.

And where do I put this Day([Birthday])&" “&Month([Birthday])…
Can you give me step by step instruction on how to fix/configure this. Birthdays are currently displaying with current year eg May 1,2020 for someone whose birthday is on May 1. I need to get rid of the year in the displays. Thankyou

Create a virtual column call it Birthday No Year. Set the formula to be Day([Birthday])&" “&Month([Birthday]), set the Display name to be “Birthday”.
Go to wherever you’re displaying this and change the field from Birthday to Birthday without Year.

I know this is an old post, but I’m just replying for future people who run into the same challenge.

Be aware that the DAY and MONTH functions produce integers, meaning they will NOT display a leading zero in the day or month values.

Example:
Where TODAY() is 03/05/2021 (3rd May 2021).
Where [DateOfBirth] is 03/05/1980 (3rd May 1980).

• DAY([DateOfBirth]) would produce 3
  • MONTH([DateOfBirth]) would produce 5

So what?
Well, this means that you can’t use the single digit integer to match a Day & Month against a recorded or computed date like TODAY().

A slice filter like this will NOT work.
=TODAY() = (Day([DateOfBirth])&"/"&Month([DateOfBirth])&"/"&Year(Today()))
The computed formula looks like:
03/05/2021 = 3/5/2021

Solution 1 (The long way):
=(Day(Today())&"/"&Month(Today())&"/"&Year(Today())) = (Day([DateOfBirth])&"/"&Month([DateOfBirth])&"/"&Year(Today()))

Solution 2 (The easy way):
=TEXT([DateOfBirth], "DD/MM") = TEXT(TODAY(), "DD/MM")

Hope this helps others!

What about:

TODAY() = DATE(Day([DateOfBirth])&"/"&Month([DateOfBirth])&"/"&Year(Today()))

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try:

TEXT([Birthday], "MMMM D")

See also:

Top Labels in this Space