Bot Group By and Send Email

I'm trying to figure out how I can have a bot group all records for a user and send one email with all their customers + the status instead of a individual email for each record.

In the image below I would want to send one email to <PII removed by staff> with the following in a email template on a monthly schedule:

Acme Rockets - In Progress

Acme Roads - Complete

Acme Planes - Not Started

<Image removed by staff due to PII>

Solved Solved
0 1 71
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please try below.

1) Please create a slice called say "Customer_Status_Slice" on the said table with a filter expression something like 

[Table Key] = MINROW("Table Name", "_RowNumber", [Assignee]=[_THISROW].[Assignee])

This slice will have one row per each assignee.

2) Please create a monthly scheduled bot on this slice 

Please ensure that Foreachrowintable setting is  selected and you select the slice name in the  Table settingand not the table name itself.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1708578151640.png

3) In the bot step , please make settings something like below.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1708580148838.png

4) Your email and pdf template can be something like 

<<START: SELECT(Table Name[Key Column], [Assignee]=[_THISROW].[Assignee])>>

<<[Customer]>> : <<[Status]>>

<<END>>

The main point to note is while the bot fires on the slice so that only one email each sent to each assignee, the <<START>> expression in the template is on the entire table. In reality, I believe you will need some more parameters such as date range in the START expression that you can include based on your need.

Please do test well. ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Please try below.

1) Please create a slice called say "Customer_Status_Slice" on the said table with a filter expression something like 

[Table Key] = MINROW("Table Name", "_RowNumber", [Assignee]=[_THISROW].[Assignee])

This slice will have one row per each assignee.

2) Please create a monthly scheduled bot on this slice 

Please ensure that Foreachrowintable setting is  selected and you select the slice name in the  Table settingand not the table name itself.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1708578151640.png

3) In the bot step , please make settings something like below.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1708580148838.png

4) Your email and pdf template can be something like 

<<START: SELECT(Table Name[Key Column], [Assignee]=[_THISROW].[Assignee])>>

<<[Customer]>> : <<[Status]>>

<<END>>

The main point to note is while the bot fires on the slice so that only one email each sent to each assignee, the <<START>> expression in the template is on the entire table. In reality, I believe you will need some more parameters such as date range in the START expression that you can include based on your need.

Please do test well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space