Bot not working

Iโ€™m trying to build a bot that is triggered by an action. So I have a bot that uses an even that is triggered by any updates to my table, then the process has a tree that uses multiple conditions to decide which task to use.
When I hit my action I can see that my table is updated, but no task is being triggered. Is there a way I can look at whatโ€™s happening to the logic?
Is the event being triggered, or is it not making it through my condition tree?

0 18 2,185
18 REPLIES 18

go to your bot and click the monitor button. Took like a grand total of 2 minutes to load my 2 logs so far so maybe get something to drink while you wait for it. I think this is technically just the monitoring app itself.

Yep, I did not. Itโ€™s not registering anything. Big blank pageโ€ฆ I donโ€™t think my event is being triggered. I took off all conditions, and selected all_changes to see if anything happens, and I still get a big bowl of nothing burgers.

I got a blank page for the longest while too. It suddenly started working for me yesterday.
Definitely would rate the monitoring app a 0 star on the play store.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

In case anyone is wondering, I created a workflow that is a mirror of the bot. The โ€œWhen this happensโ€ is exactly the same as the automation โ€œEvent.โ€ The โ€œRun these tasksโ€ are exactly the same as the bot โ€œProcess.โ€

The workflow works, and the botโ€ฆ well that isnโ€™t doing anything for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@School_Bus can you share your event & steps/task configuration as a screenshot.

@School_Bus What Bots do you have defined on the Bots tab ?

Can you use the test functionality on the Bot ?

I only how two bots โ€œCreate Onboard Documentsโ€ and โ€œCreate Individual Documentsโ€

When I test, I get a big nothing burger. Which makes sense, because these trigger on changes to the a table, so Iโ€™m not sure whatโ€™s suppose to show up when I test.

Bot does not automatically trigger for me as well. When the googlesheet data changes, it does not automatically trigger the event. I hope the sync is not live feed or is there any better way to achieve it.

I just want to identify if the data got changed in one sheet and trigger a notification LIVE within seconds.

So it looks like the condition needs to have something in it. You canโ€™t just do adds_only, or updates_only. In the condition you need something even if it is as simple as โ€œTrueโ€ for the bot to register. Appsheet support team figured it out for me.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

If you want to have your bots trigger when a Google Sheet changes manually, then please make sure you have done the necessary external configuration. See the section for โ€œExternal Data Change Eventsโ€ in the help article.

@prithpal i have followed the help article you follow, install the add on and configure it properly. yet, my bot is still not triggered when a row is added into the spreadsheet I have. please advise

The external eventing feature only works for manual changes made to the spreadsheet, changes made by a user editing the spreadsheet. Changes made to the spreadsheet by an automatic process will not trigger external eventing.

Hi Steve,

Yes and that is exactly what I do. I have 2 Spreadsheets A and B.
A = has 3 columns. [userID] , [Name], [Birthday]
B = has 2 columns. [universalID] , [Name]

I created a bot that says : "Whenever there is a new row in A, manually edit, the bot is supposed to crate a new row in B, and put the [Name] value in A to the [Name] in B.

Yet, the bot does not work. nothing happen. However, if I click on the test button within the bot editor, and manually click on execute button on that Test Page, the bot works. please advise

Encountered the same problem I wonder if the supp team has any solution or workaround about this case? It seems a bug in appsheet given several scenarios provided above?

Please contact Support for help with this.

Thanks to Pratip, Aleksi, and Lusha for helping in identifying whatโ€™s wrong with my app.

Per Lusha:
โ€œโ€ฆwe will surface this validation error to audit log so users will be able to know why bot was not executedโ€ฆ I have merged the fix that will show the error message in audit log.โ€

For reference, navigate to โ€œAudit Historyโ€ for RCA thru: Manage > Monitor > Audit History > Launch log analyzer

Top Labels in this Space