Bots timing out

I have bot that generates a PDF file from a Google DOC template and emails the report.  Starting Monday the bot began having errors and would not generate the report.  I check the bot monitoring app and it showed the execution timed out.  No changes have been made to the app or the template, but for some reason the bot no longer runs.  I disabled the bot and built a fresh process, but have the same time out error when trying to run.  I have submitted a ticket to support, but was curious if anyone else is having this same issue?

0 9 201
9 REPLIES 9

Same problem and yesterday I went crazy but it still doesn't work

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post a screenshot of the error.

without 5 min delaywithout 5 min delay

This is a screenshot of the time out error.  The bot simply stops before executing any steps once it is triggered.  We've also noticed our sync times for apps has increased significantly these last few days.  

I tried a couple of different ideas and reconfigurations on the process to get it to work.  I added a "wait" step immediately after the bot trigger with a "wait 5 min" condition.  For some reason, this allowed the process to proceed and we were able to generate PDF reports to submit to our customers.  This configuration does not totally complete and generates the error below on the final step of the automation sequence.  I'm not understanding why it is saying access is denied.  I have logged in and out of my account and still get the error.

with 5min delaywith 5min delay

New issue this morning.  The automation process shows it is running, but now the report is not being generated, even though the automation montior shows that step completes.  Getting pretty frustrated because the response to my support submission is not being much help at all.

Now it appears that none of our apps are generating PDF reports, but the montoring app shows the process completes.

BOT keeps sleeping ….zzzz? This is annoying we are not able to trace what the problem is with Autionation when we encounter problems. Automation monitor is not really telling anything at all. 

Hi,

The AppAccessDeniedException error during automation run is fixed now. You shouldn't face this issue for further automation runs. Please feel free to reach us if you still face the issue.

Thanks!

I've getting getting mass failures in pdf generation as well, idk what's going on

Odd behavior as well as possible series of bugs are quite constant unfortunately when it comes to automation. This discourage us ever to report to support desk as it is almost daily event. Hence I zip my mouse and leave them alone.

Just saying to app users , sorry a glitch is happening but take it easy , it merely happens. But my words are daily.

It is possible I may need to change my name to crying wolf….. .😔

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated. Please also contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

We are perfectly inline with the process to build a BOT. Save editor, as expected error returned, the table must be same. Spending hours to find a root cause. Either process or task is not defining the name of the table which match with the mane of table for event. Again, until we see this errors, we simply follow the processs to build our bot, nothing is mistaken: however , bot is not kindly enough, returning error. I spend 5 years with Appsheet, so familiar with those type of errors so I can quickly fix a problem. But I have to admit this is hardship for average users. 

Top Labels in this Space