Breaks appearing before HTML table in email

Hi all,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Not a front end developer so maybe I'm missing something very basic. But I tried to insert an HTML table in my email. As far as I can tell Appsheet decided to add a whole bunch of line breaks.

Here's the template I'm using:

Hi <<[User Full Name]>>,
There are some commitments you made with the target date for tomorrow.
<table border="0" cellpadding="20" cellspacing="0" width="600" 

And when I run this automation I get this code with the breaks after tomorrow and before the table 

"Body": "<html><head></head><body>Hi Ali Hussain,<br>There are some commitments you made with the target date for tomorrow.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><table border=\"0\" cellpadding=\"20\" cellspacing=\"0\" width=\"600\" 

I have no idea where it is getting these breaks from. The email leaves a bunch of empty lines for these line breaks. Really appreciate any help.

0 5 167
5 REPLIES 5

Were you able to resolve this problem?

No. Tried support too and didn't get anything from them.

@ali-hussain wrote:
Hi <<[User Full Name]>>,
There are some commitments you made with the target date for tomorrow.
<table border="0" cellpadding="20" cellspacing="0" width="600" 

Are you using an HTML file as your body template or your code was directly inside the "Body" field?

I suggest you to use a full HTML file template.
In that case, you need to make sure no text is floating anywhere without a tag for it, like a <p> tag.

If you need some help with the template, let me know. Use any text editor that supports syntax highlighting for HTML

Had it directly in the Body field. But decided to change the email to not have a table in it anymore so I ended up working around the issue. No idea what was up with it.

Top Labels in this Space