Broke App? - won't regenerate column structure or load

I'm DESPERATE for help,

over the past couple of years I've spent countless months building and tweaking an app and I now finally got offered a big gig to be able to use it at....... but then,
the other day I made a couple of tweaks and it was loading and saving fine, then all the sudden it won't load or allow me to regenerate the column structure so I can at least address what issues I know can be fixed (like adjusting the column header names that I just took a space out between words)

I've tried going through the log files and seeing what the last "good" saved version was and trying to revert back to that version - but even when I do, I still have the exact same issues and it won't load or regenerate column structure ๐Ÿ˜•

this is what i get when i try to refresh:
Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.29.18 AM.png

and this is what I get (error 502) when I try to regenerate the column structure:

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.31.28 AM.png

so now I'm completely stuck and can't do anything with it and I'm freaking out because I'd intended to use this on a tour that I leave for in a week and now I'm screwed ๐Ÿ˜•

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease help!

TIA

0 2 89
2 REPLIES 2

What were the tweaks you made just before it broke?  

Steps to follow to try to resolve:

• Make sure there are no other instances of the app open on any other devices.
  • Perform a Save.  You can initiate one by accessing any expression and  tapping Save - even if no changes.  This will enable the app Save. Tap it.
  • If error persists,  then do a refresh of the browser page - not a Save or a Sync but a web page refresh.
  • Still an issue,  log completely out and back in.
  • Still issues?  Will need to send to AppSheet support

502 error sometimes means there's a circular dependency going on. Those can be very hard to discover, especially because the error-reporting in this case is basically non-existent. You may be able to get some personal help on it from support, but it'd probably take a while to get the ticket forwarded to someone who can do so.

Although some other times a 502 error can just mean a temporary connection issue.

To start with, do you have any understanding of what a circular dependency is? And as John asked, what were the changes that you made?

It may be more viable to revert back to a working version, if there is one.

Top Labels in this Space