Browser View Not Updating

Anyone else having issues with the browser view not updating? Havenโ€™t had this happen before but it seems to be stuck in an old version no matter what I do trying to force it to go to the latest version even though the phone and tablet views show the latest changes. Thoughts?

0 6 770
6 REPLIES 6

Bahbus

Try clearing your browserโ€™s cache.

The cache and cookie clearing did work but this is not a longterm solution when you are trying to make an app where the primary view is a web view. It used to not be this way and I donโ€™t know what has changed.

Unfortunately, cacheโ€™s (on any device/browser) can be prone to random problems causing things to break. Heck, it could be as simple as an update for the browser that then slightly messes with the cache - which is obviously completely out of AppSheetโ€™s hands. So, I firmly believe there is no long-term solution that AppSheet can provide you in this case. Too many outside variables.

i am having the same problem. my app generate html files on every changes of the products list.
if i use the web browser integrated in appsheet, it seems its showing me cached information ever. if i clear the chrome cache does not work, only if i clear all temps of the tablet works once (because if i do changes, appear cached files)
i tried to use without offline configuration and nothing changes, and i donโ€™t know if appsheet is using my chrome browser or instead in appsheet.
if i try to open the html files through the crhome web browser directly (without appsheet) it seems itโ€™s working correctly, and iโ€™m sure i have the html files with no-cache configuration

if anyone have a solution, please tell-me

Is there no solution?
This not acceptable, it is not possible to force all clients to clear their browser cache if I change something in the app. Any new findings?

were you able to find any solution/workarounds for this?

Top Labels in this Space