Bug? Error when event should be triggered

Iโ€™m attempting to test the new automation tool but have hit what appears to be a bug with no apparent way to troubleshoot it. I have a simple event that should get triggered when a field is updated to โ€œTRUEโ€ as shown below:

Whenever I update the field within the app, instead of running the subsequent process/action I get an error in the new automation diagnostics log:

Since the event data is all โ€œNULLโ€ maybe the automation isnโ€™t working correctly with security filters in place? There doesnโ€™t seem to be any way to really tell what the error actually is.

0 3 256
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, thanks for trying out new automation feature!
In your case, since the event is defined to only trigger the process if โ€œ[Finalized] = TRUEโ€ and in the event instance, all fields are null, hence the process is not fired.
Status being โ€œErrorโ€ should probably be โ€œFilteredโ€.

Since you mentioned security filters and I think that is why all the fields are null, would you be able to share more details?
Itโ€™s likely that current Automation is not working correctly with security filters yet.

Thanks!

The security filter currently in place for this table is:

and(
CONCATENATE([refjobsite],": ",
switch(
	weekday([date]),
    1,[date],
    2,[date]+6,
    3,[date]+5,
    4,[date]+4,
    5,[date]+3,
    6,[date]+2,
    [date]+1
 	)
)=usersettings("Payroll Period"),[refjobsite]=usersettings("Jobsite")

)

Hi, sorry for the long wait.
I was trying to test with my own app to see if automation is working correctly with security filter, but I am not able to reproduce.
If you donโ€™t mind, could you please email support@appsheet.com with details of your app and allow access to your apps โ€“ go to https://www.appsheet.com/account/account#_tab_acctConfig and check the option that enables support access.

We will investigate the issue.

Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space