Bulk Actions are missing in the new Desktop UI (Preview)

There appears to be a bug in the Desktop UI (preview) with bulk actions not appearing.

I have several inline actions that appear as bulk actions (from the overflow menu in the upper right) in the original desktop UI. However all inline actions are missing from bulk edits in the new Desktop preview. Only actions that are set as "Display prominently" are visible in the list of options.

Is there a another option for enabling bulk actions in the new UI?

Solved Solved
0 3 178
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UPDATE: Bulk Select now works in the Desktop UI (preview), such that Inline actions now appear in the dropdown menu.

Thank you Appsheet team for expanding this feature!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Desktop View is currently a preview feature and under active development. Preview features are not yet suitable for use in important apps. Until it has achieved greater stability, I recommend against using this preview feature except for testing and to help the AppSheet developers in their efforts. To follow the progress of and contribute to the development effort, please visit this dedicated Community topic:

In Preview: New UI design for desktop users

Yes, I understand that. I mentioned Desktop UI (preview) in my comment above, so I am aware that this is a preview feature. I am happy to give feedback and I mentioned this same issue in that forum a week ago. I haven't noticed any response from the development team. There are already several hundred comments in that thread, so I don't know if there are too many comments to sift through. I don't know if this issue with Bulk Actions is an intended change in functionality or if this is a bug.

UPDATE: Bulk Select now works in the Desktop UI (preview), such that Inline actions now appear in the dropdown menu.

Thank you Appsheet team for expanding this feature!

Top Labels in this Space