Button from related tables don't show for some users

I'm facing a problem that has no logic and I count with your help to solve it!!
In this print shared here we have this button "Adicionar", that is generated by a relation with another table, the problem is that some users see it and some don't!!
Anyone here already faced it?? Maybe the relation between the tables have something wrong... I really don't know and will really apprecciate if some of you could help me.

Thank's in advance!!

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-08 at 15.47.05.jpeg

Solved Solved
0 15 229
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The problem user was on a desktop?  You probably didn't know but that is important info to have upfront as desktop version of the app runs in the browser and not in a mobile app container like on mobile devices.

For future reference, the first thing to try on a desktop is to refresh the browser page.  If that doesn't work then clear the browser cache on that machine.

Probably more likely is that there was a cached version of the app that for some reason wasn't getting updated and all the user needed to do was to clear app related data.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Can you show an example of where a user DOESN'T see the button? 

Here's the example

image (2).png

It is best, in these cases to show the complete view.  Apps could have two near identical views but with different criteria.  We would need more details to determine if that was the case here.

For now, I'll assume that these two are the same Form view from two different devices.

With the assumption above, there are two things that come to mind that could cause the differences you are seeing between two different users :

1) Do you have some condition applied to the Add action on that inline table?  See image below.

2) Is there some expression at the TABLE level that might disable Add capability for a user?  See second image

Any Add action criteria inserted?

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 8.50.19 AM.png

Any Table level expression to control Adds?

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 8.54.12 AM.png

Yes, I have one "Add" action criteria

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-11 at 10.07.05.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-07-11 at 10.06.34.jpeg

Ok.  This makes me believe then that there are 2 nearly identical Forms.  Your criteria is only allowing Adds in that one particular Form View.

Try changing the CONTEXT() function to this instead:

CONTEXT("ViewType") = "Form"

I tried this and sadly doesn't worked.

Since it seems like you could have two different views involved, the only other thing I can think of is that one view is based on a Slice and that Slice does not allow Adds.  See example of Slice specific definition below with Adds disabled.

Beyond this we woul dneed to dig deeper into you specific app details to pinpoint the problem.

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 11.20.31 AM.png

Two of the app slices allows "Adds".
If we could dig deeper into this I'll appreciate you a lot! Because this is an important app for my company, and without this button the app is basically useless

Ok sure!  We need to determine , first, if the views are actually different and if so what datasources they are using.  

Can you replicate the issue in the Editor - one case showing the button and another case NOT showing the button? 

If you can then please provide a full image of the editor from each use case like that below.  This will show some View details in the lower left.  NOTE: if you are not aware, you can use the Preview As option to view the app as a different user

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 12.01.25 PM.png

I tried the "Preview As" option, and the view shows the button for me.
I shared here my view in the first image.

Running some tests, in "Share app" I turned his user to "Edit definition" and the button appear.
Here at the company we are investigating if's some problem with the browser or something related to the machine used.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-11 at 14.37.11.jpeg

This second image, shows the view from the user who doesn't see the button...

In another test the user who doesn't see it, logged in from another machine and could see the button... It is possible that the Appsheet has incompatibility with some versions of Chrome? Even if it doesn't make sense since they are two Google products...

user 2.png

Are all the users on the same version rollout of your app?

I guess so...

Is this where I can check it?

Mnica_0-1657541313398.png

Guys, I came back to say that apparently we found the problem, like I said we're investigating at the company and my gestor suggested to update the chrome version on the user's machine who wasn't seeing and this was what make the button show for the user!
Looks like Appsheet doesn't works with old versions of Chrome

The problem user was on a desktop?  You probably didn't know but that is important info to have upfront as desktop version of the app runs in the browser and not in a mobile app container like on mobile devices.

For future reference, the first thing to try on a desktop is to refresh the browser page.  If that doesn't work then clear the browser cache on that machine.

Probably more likely is that there was a cached version of the app that for some reason wasn't getting updated and all the user needed to do was to clear app related data.

Yes, the user was on a desktop.
Thank you @WillowMobileSys, one more learning!! 

Top Labels in this Space