COLUMN MAPPING DIFFERENT HEADINGS. How to auto copy ID from workbook tab to another tab?

Dew
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Have uniqueid() in main table ID key

How to auto fill that ID same workbook ID key to all the other tabs in the workbook?

"Mapping" meaning matching column data, nothing to do with maps or gps or XY.

-----------

After that wish to "map the data" from the "main" sheet to the other tabs which have different headings, except for the ID Key which I want the same across all the tabs.

Once again get confused if a ref should be made using the ID? tried this ref and use [ID].[TITLE] in formula, but nothing happened.

What is the simplest least power hungry way to do this as I'm sure multiple ways to get to the same solution.

Looked at Lookup() and Select() but these seem like they are probably not necessary.

Rows Need to stay accurate if a row is deleted.

0 2 174
2 REPLIES 2

You can create actions to add or delete a row in another table. You can automate triggering of those actions by connecting them to a manually selected action within a grouped action, associating them with view events like form saved, or including them in automations.

While those are techniques to keep your list of row keys in sync across multiple tables, it sounds like you may also need a one-time effort to replicate existing row keys across tables. You could do that manually within the workbook file, create an action within your app to do it all at once, or write an Apps Script (or Office Script) script.

Thank you so much dbaum!

BEHAVIOR: ACTIONS: "Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row"

Works!

You saved me so much time setting me on the correct path; after getting past and removing the garbage formulas I added to the secondary table I was trying.

Was able to create action. What is interesting is you can do all the columns at once in one action which is super nice. Also, you can "map" very easily table to table.

Still working on automatically updating part, instead of hitting a button, however.

Top Labels in this Space