CSV export is blank

So I have a download CSV action set up for a slice view. When I download the CSV, all I get are the headers. Does anyone know what Iโ€™m doing wrong?

Solved Solved
0 6 822
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I can email support if you would like, but the fix seems to be that if create a virtual column in the parent table to reflect the filter options from my filter table (For example I may select a date range in my filter table, and then I have to use a virtual column to pull that information)

Then use the virtual columns as my reference to filter the slice, I can then get my CSV to download.

Itโ€™s strange, because the slice works regardless of if I create virtual columns or not, but the CSV only works if I use the mirrored virtual columns.

It works, I wouldnโ€™t say itโ€™s intuitive

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Are your columnโ€™s hidden or are they using some kind of formula with the Show? option?

They are not hidden, nor do I use a formula in show. I am using a different table to set up the filter conditions though. So a user updates a table, then I reference that tables selections to dictate what the slice will filter. For example in my filter table I define a start date and an end date, which I then use to filter the slice. When I look at the slice in view, itโ€™s what I want, but when I export to CSV, it is just blank

Would you please email to support@appsheet.com with your app details. I believe we need to check the app to find out the reason.

I can email support if you would like, but the fix seems to be that if create a virtual column in the parent table to reflect the filter options from my filter table (For example I may select a date range in my filter table, and then I have to use a virtual column to pull that information)

Then use the virtual columns as my reference to filter the slice, I can then get my CSV to download.

Itโ€™s strange, because the slice works regardless of if I create virtual columns or not, but the CSV only works if I use the mirrored virtual columns.

It works, I wouldnโ€™t say itโ€™s intuitive

This is happening to my app too, where if a user types a search into the search field of a table view, then tries to download the resulting view, it comes up blank. I think this is a bug!

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Top Labels in this Space