CSVs in cell without proper spacing of ","

Hi,

I have a VC that creates a list if values (postcode districts). I have an action button that saves that list of values to another table in a cell. Currently the list is saved as below with out a space either side of the โ€œ,โ€. As a result the IN() function when searching for values does not work.

Current result

BA1,BA2,BS31,BA3

Desired resuilt

BA1 , BA2 , BS31 , BA3

This is the expression to get the list. Can I change the expression to space the postcodes properly?

SELECT(Full List Table[Spare], ([Real User] = [District User]), TRUE)

Many thanks

Phil

Solved Solved
0 8 161
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Steve,

Changing the column type to enumlist worked.

Thank you

Phil

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What is the column type of the virtual column?

Hi Steve,

It is a List type.

I have tried this below

SPLIT(SELECT(Full List Table[Spare], ([Real User] = [District User])), " , ")

which works when the expression is tested with the test feature in t he editor but not when โ€œset the values of some columns in this rowโ€ action is used.

thanks

phil

Please provide screenshots of the expressions that do not work as expected.

screenshots of the expression test from a virtual column called [District User] in table Assign User Details which works.

The expression worked but when I set my column with the action below it just cleared the cells to nothing.

So I put the expression from the VC column into the action instead and that worked in the sense that it didnโ€™t create bank cells but the result was without the comma spacing again.

Thanks

phil

Well, none of that is what I asked for.

SPLIT(SELECT(Full List Table[Spare], ([Real User] = [District User])), " , ")

Not the screenshot I requested.

Would also like to see the IN() expression that didnโ€™t work.

What is the column type of the District column? Iโ€™d guess itโ€™s Text or LongText. If so, change to EnumList.

Hi Steve,

Changing the column type to enumlist worked.

Thank you

Phil

Top Labels in this Space