Calendar View - Ref columns bug

Hi everone;

I have two referenced tables.
In my calendar view; I selected this referenced column as a โ€œdescriptionโ€ value for this view. It couldnโ€™t get column from referenced table. After my terrible english:)

My question is:
Is that possible to see referenced column in calendar view?

1 3 533
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

I assume you are referring to a REF type column?

You can use this column as the Description field but unfortunately it doesnโ€™t perform the normal Key to Label transition for display like it in other views. Not sure if that is a bug or not.

You can get around this problem by simply creating a Virtual Column and assigning it the text you want - even from the Ref column - and then use the Virtual Column for description.

I had the same issue, thank you very much for your approach @WillowMobileSystems
It worked for me, just putting the [ref column] in the virtual column didnโ€™t work for me. Had to use LOOKUP or SELECT in the new virtual column and look up the name in the reference table.

Hope that helps

I see you joined recently. Are you familiar, with โ€œdotโ€ notation used to de-refence Ref type columns.

As an example, letโ€™s say I have a table of Customers with an ID, Name, Address, Phone, Email

In an Order table I might include a Ref column of [Customer].

I might want in the Order table virtual column fields for [Customer Phone] and [Customer Email] to display these details along with the Order information.

I can use de-refencing to assign the customer phone and email by placing in the App Formula of each of the virtual columns the following:

For [Customer Phone] - expression is: [Customer].[Phone]
For [Customer Email] - expression is: [Customer].[Email]

Itโ€™s that easy!

Top Labels in this Space