Calendar View - Ref columns bug

Hi everone;

I have two referenced tables.
In my calendar view; I selected this referenced column as a “description” value for this view. It couldn’t get column from referenced table. After my terrible english:)

My question is:
Is that possible to see referenced column in calendar view?

1 3 527
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

I assume you are referring to a REF type column?

You can use this column as the Description field but unfortunately it doesn’t perform the normal Key to Label transition for display like it in other views. Not sure if that is a bug or not.

You can get around this problem by simply creating a Virtual Column and assigning it the text you want - even from the Ref column - and then use the Virtual Column for description.

I had the same issue, thank you very much for your approach @WillowMobileSystems
It worked for me, just putting the [ref column] in the virtual column didn’t work for me. Had to use LOOKUP or SELECT in the new virtual column and look up the name in the reference table.

Hope that helps

I see you joined recently. Are you familiar, with “dot” notation used to de-refence Ref type columns.

As an example, let’s say I have a table of Customers with an ID, Name, Address, Phone, Email

In an Order table I might include a Ref column of [Customer].

I might want in the Order table virtual column fields for [Customer Phone] and [Customer Email] to display these details along with the Order information.

I can use de-refencing to assign the customer phone and email by placing in the App Formula of each of the virtual columns the following:

For [Customer Phone] - expression is: [Customer].[Phone]
For [Customer Email] - expression is: [Customer].[Email]

It’s that easy!

Top Labels in this Space