Can I deconstruct a LIST? I'm probably doing...

Can I deconstruct a LIST?

Iโ€™m probably doing this in a weird way, but Iโ€™m combining two systems that IO canโ€™r connect properly. I have a table of products on orders (from a system I canโ€™t connect to appsheet at the moment) The products on the order go to different departmentsfor picking, so I can mark them on the table to show who needs them.

I can make a LIST of the appropriate products for the department, but then I want to deconstruct the list to fill in the columns in a row so that they can pick the order and then mark what they have picked.

So I need to find Product 1, then Product 2, etc. in seperate columns.

I also need to show the location and quantity, but I think I can just do a lookup for that.

If that makes sense to anyone and you have an idea let me know. The main thing (I think for this way) is deconstructing the list

0 18 431
18 REPLIES 18

Simon, can you provide an example of the list and how youโ€™d like it deconstructed?

Itโ€™ll be product codes comma separated. So: L1192 , L2224 , L2524 , L2315 , L2526 , L2528 , L1923

Then I need to extract into columns in the app Product 1

Product 2

Product 3 L1192

L2224

L2524

etc.

Thanks

@Simon_Bailey Here is the link to the Sheet on the backendโ€ฆ You can see the simple formula for the Splitโ€ฆ scratch app scratch app

@David_Hopkins That would work if I could get the raw data list into google sheets, but I canโ€™t. The app looks at an excel spread sheet, which is automatically exported from our order taking system.

Itโ€™s a bit awkward to explain and even to show with a google sheet as the main issue is that Iโ€™m using google and excel.

wellโ€ฆ @Simon_Bailey , damnโ€ฆ lol

@Simon_Bailey , you could check out sheetgo

or a script for getting your excel data into sheets.

@David_Hopkins exactly

@Lynn Thanks. I might look at that again. This report needs to be updated a lot though, but might be worth it.

@Simon_Bailey I banged on this again for a while today โ€ฆ

I was able to get the list collected and populated into the form for the 1st and last element.

but the ones in the middle are giving me grief.

soโ€ฆ i trashed it and started overโ€ฆ still trying โ€ฆ lol

have you had any luck?

@Aleksi_Alkio Here is one for youโ€ฆ

Check out the example appโ€ฆ

Here is what Iโ€™m trying to do for @Simon_Baileyโ€ฆ

He has a datalist of

L1192 , L2224 , L2524 , L2315 , L2526 , L2528 , L1923

and needs the form to populate each list element into a separate field. currently the form has 7 fields to match the 7 item list.

Using Right() and Left() I can easily get the first and last element of this as a string โ€ฆ but is there any way to get a list item by index in AS?

something like ListGetAT([myList], [delimiter], [index])

Thanks sirโ€ฆ

Dave

@Simon_Bailey soโ€ฆ your looking for something like ListGetAt(YourList, Index)

โ€ฆ im looking around to see if i can come up with a solutionโ€ฆ

@Simon_Bailey Im getting closer โ€ฆ

check out appsheet.com - AppSheet : mobile apps from spreadsheets : Login

Click on the Start here icon.

Issue im having is with the raw data listโ€ฆ

the "

space comma space

"

โ€ฆ so im trying to clean it up programmaticallyโ€ฆ then i want to be able to select an item in the list at a particular position.

Product 1 = ListGetAt(YourList, Item1) Product 2 = ListGetAt(YourList, Item2)

and so on.

AppSheet : mobile apps from spreadsheets : Login appsheet.com

I donโ€™t know whether this will work for you but I just use a โ€œSPLITโ€ formula in my sheet to do this.

@Lynn Hello Lynn, That would work, except the LIST is a virtual column (and I donโ€™t think thereโ€™s an equivalent in google sheets), so then I canโ€™t split it in the google sheet

@David_Hopkins Thanks for having a look at this David. I tried LISTGETAT in the App Formula, but it doesnโ€™t recognise it. I canโ€™t get into the app you put a link to.

@Simon_Bailey shoot Simonโ€ฆ try again โ€ฆ i forgot to set it public.

@Simon_Bailey No, LISTGETAT is not an AppSheet Functionโ€ฆ trouble is that im not sure what the AppSheet function for that is. Same issue with SPLIT.

Okโ€ฆ

Using SPLIT in the Google Sheet, I was able to create C1 (column 1) through C7 from the RAWDATA field. then Use that data to populate the form. DONE>

Top Labels in this Space