Can I move the Google Sheets that my app uses?

I have a lot of Google sheets in my drive, and I would like to reorganize them into folders to clean it up. I'm scared that if I move the Sheet in Drive, it will mess up my apps because AppSheet won't be able to find it.

Does anyone know if this is the case, or is the URL of the Google Sheet static, no matter how I reorganize my Drive?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 3 192
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can move spreadsheet location inside your "My Drive" as you want. AppSheet recogize the Google Spreadsheet you are using for the app through "File_ID", so the location wont be any issue. However, if you have image or file type column you should have folders to store those file. Then make sure to re-locate those folders to the same location as the new spreadsheet location, otherwise your app will break up (images wont be displayed, file not to open).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This question has already been answered here

Thanks! I had done a quick search in the Community, but that thread didn't come up.

You can move spreadsheet location inside your "My Drive" as you want. AppSheet recogize the Google Spreadsheet you are using for the app through "File_ID", so the location wont be any issue. However, if you have image or file type column you should have folders to store those file. Then make sure to re-locate those folders to the same location as the new spreadsheet location, otherwise your app will break up (images wont be displayed, file not to open).

Top Labels in this Space