Can I save generated PDFs to a cloud storage provider that is different (Dropbox) than my data source (Google)?

Hi everyone,

My app data is saved in a Google Drive. I’d like to have PDFs that are generated be automatically saved in a Dropbox folder. Can I do this?

• I moved template locations for the PDFs to Dropbox but that just seemed to break the PDF generation
  • I can change the data source to Dropbox by copying all sheets like referenced here, but then I have to go column by column through each sheet tweaking things like the column description. It looks like I can also duplicate the app with the data source moved to Dropbox which looks easier than changing each table’s source.

Am I missing a setting somewhere that lets me output PDFs to Dropbox while leaving my data source as Google?

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 2 90
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I’m not 100%, but I’m pretty sure that the file save location has to match your main data source. So no, you can’t save on Dropbox if you’re using GDrive.

I’m not sure which part you were referencing, but that is a very old post, so perhaps not the best thing to be referencing. In particular, this option also exists, and is newish.

Why is that?

I believe it would be easier, yes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I’m not 100%, but I’m pretty sure that the file save location has to match your main data source. So no, you can’t save on Dropbox if you’re using GDrive.

I’m not sure which part you were referencing, but that is a very old post, so perhaps not the best thing to be referencing. In particular, this option also exists, and is newish.

Why is that?

I believe it would be easier, yes.

Ok thanks a lot Marc, yeah it looks like the easiest is to just duplicate the app. There was a weird glitch when changing my data source. I duplicated the app, and under my data source in the profile it said my data source was now dropbox but the pdfs continued exporting to the old google drive source that was disconnected.

I solved it by just creating a new app sheet account under dropbox, sharing the app, and copying it from the new dropbox account

Top Labels in this Space