Can I use appsheet to automatically calculate...

Can I use appsheet to automatically calculate mileage based on two address locations? if so, any guidance?

0 9 2,243
9 REPLIES 9

Unfortunately only with LatLong values.

i have those too

i have a sheet with columns: Location Name, Addess, Latitude, Longitude

I also have a form for Date, Start Location, End Location, and hopefully an autocalculated milage between the two.

Right now, the start and end named are selected by enum. I’m not sure how to connect all of it for a route/mileage calculation…

Justin, we have a function to compute distance between two points (as the crow flies). But you need road distance. For that, you’re going to need to use an external service (like Google Maps API). You might have to figure out how to integrate that into a spreadsheet formula. Eg: http://www.gadgetsappshacks.com/2014/02/calculating-distance-between-two.html

Got it. Worked perfect! Thanks for your help

Hi
Im trying the same thing i think, and i have the matrix in google sheets. How do i convert it to something appsheet can read? Lets say i want a distance between point A and point E, do i need to copy the matrix into columns or is there a formula that gets the row and column?

I’m sure this is a bit late, but I created a script in google sheets following this information

This created a custom google sheets function, and then in appsheets I used the autocompute function that enables a spreadsheet formula. Works like a charm, not need for long lat, and it gives me driving distance.

The downside being the computed driving distance isn’t available until a sync occurs.

Yep, that’s is a problem, but it’s fine for my application. Any idea when you all will have google maps functionality built in? I’d rather you all just have a function I can use in appsheet to solve this.
Thanks for the great product! I’ve been building pretty neat stuff

Top Labels in this Space