Can IF statements be used with a SELECT formula to filter rows and reduce sync time?

I have a table with thousands of rows that holds all exercise records from my personal training clients. I'm only using one SELECT formula, which is used to compare all previous records of the same exercise with that client as I am recording the current exercise. I only need this specific virtual column to be present during workouts that I am actively recording, and I'm wondering if I can limit sync time impact by using an IF statement to only use the SELECT formula if the workout date is equal to TODAY(). 

Would this create a noticeable effect on sync time compared to just leaving the formula as is? 

Example:

IF(

[WORKOUT_DATE]=TODAY(),

SELECT(TABLE1[COLUMN1], [EXERCISE]=[_THISROW].[EXERCISE], [CLIENT]=[_THISROW].[CLIENT], [WORKOUT_DATE]<[_THISROW].[WORKOUT_DATE])

LIST("")

)

Open to any other suggestions! 

Solved Solved
0 1 57
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It should have an effect, but how much in real life, difficult to say any exact percentage. You just need to test.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

It should have an effect, but how much in real life, difficult to say any exact percentage. You just need to test.

Top Labels in this Space