Can a bot be triggered by a button?

I would like to be able to generate a PDF and email it.  I have a view and slice that show the correct record set.  What I'd like is a button the user can push while looking at the records which would then generate a pdf that itemizes the same records and starts (or starts and finishes) an email that includes the generated pdf file.  I thought this would be straightforward, but I'm a bit baffled.  

Within the behavior/action panel, I can start an email, but it doesn't include an option to generate a pdf file.  Within the automation->tasks, there is a capability that is more like what I'm looking for.  But to access the task, it seems I need a bot, and, to trigger a bot, my choices seem to be time or data driven.  There's no option to trigger a task based on a button.  

I can imagine some workarounds, like creating a single row table and changing a value with an action that then triggers a bot,  but before I head down that road, I thought I'd reach out to see if there's a more elegant approach that I'm missing.  

0 1 81
  • UX
1 REPLY 1

@RedVox wrote:

There's no option to trigger a task based on a button.  

Please take a look at the section "Send an email from an Action button" in the article referred below

Example automations - AppSheet Help

Top Labels in this Space