Can't Save Show If Formulas!?!?!

I was wondering why the show if formula I put on some columns werenโ€™t thereโ€ฆ then I tried adding them again, only to find they arenโ€™t saving.

I can confirm that this is true, becuase in the process of making that screen recording I went though that same process about 4 timesโ€ฆ each time the formula is NOT saved.

@Aleksi

Seems limited to this one app.

0 14 387
14 REPLIES 14

One quick thing did you try adding this formula through clicking the edit on the left of the column name and then adding it?
3X_3_4_3416fd2638f656b6f23dfc20183baa928fb94b0e.png

Negative, I used the ability to edit the show if formula โ€œinlineโ€ - not sure how to call that.

Just tried it thoughโ€ฆ same thing.

Tried to add show ifs to other columns in the same table and different tables?

Good callโ€ฆ it seems itโ€™s limited to that table. Weirdโ€ฆ

Try to regenerate the structure.

Seems its limited to these specific columns. @Adam you might wanna know about thisโ€ฆ

When I was adding these column in question, they are derivative columns based on others in the same table.
When I was creating them, the system (meaning the editor) automatically copied the show-if formula that I had on the originating column onto the new derivative - which was awesome!
That was exactly what I was gonna do anywaysโ€ฆ yet when I saved, the changes werenโ€™t saved.

Now it seems I canโ€™t make any modifications to those column show if formulas.

I just thought I would point out the auto-formula import - Iโ€™m assuming that was some โ€œintelligenceโ€ of the platform seeing a repetitive task, that someone at AppSheet setup an automation for to cut steps out.

Iโ€™ve encountered something similar to this before as well but for the editable formula on a virtual column which does nothing. Was very annoying.

Amen.

And my clients wonder why I never seem to make any progress on projectsโ€ฆ always in a prepetual state of waiting for the exterminators (so to speak).

Okayโ€ฆ so I can turn the visibility off/on - but I canโ€™t add a formula.

Iโ€™ve sent in like 10 reports a month to the exterminators for a while now. Some small some devastating. Generally theyโ€™re fast to the job.

Thankfully, theyโ€™ve always been really quick to fix things. Quite unprecedentedly, as well.

To be fair, the type of people most of us areโ€ฆ they can never anticipate everything we throw at them, either.

I would like to point out that these columns are List columns - there seems to be a pervasive bug with show if formulas and list column types right now.

Manโ€ฆ 11 days I posted this. Just circled round to working on this app again, ran right into the same problem.

wtf.

Top Labels in this Space