Can't create files which include the text "OneDrive" in the name

This is a really good one! I have submitted it to AppSheet support, but I'm very interested to see if anyone else can reproduce this. Believe it or not, any time I try to create a file (confirmed with both CSV and JSON) through a bot process and the file name contains the text "OneDrive", that term is stripped from the file name. I am using Microsoft 365 storage (OneDrive, LOL).

I originally encountered this with a complex filename including multiple expressions and column names, but see below for a quick confirmation test I just did using static text for the file name prefix:

Jamie_0-1670023008658.png
Resulting file missing the text "OneDrive" in the name:

Jamie_1-1670023008659.png

I believe you should be able to reproduce this very easily in a few minutes using your own App. I have confirmed that this is not a limitation of OneDrive itself, as I can rename the file to include "OneDrive" or create my own files containing that text without issue. Thanks all!
0 2 155
2 REPLIES 2

Probably the reason for this is that "OneDrive" is a reserved keyword within AppSheet when building paths to the files/images stored in Microsoft 365.   See image below. 

Either:

• AppSheet is trying to prevent bad paths when "OneDrive" is inserted incorrectly by simply disallowing the usage of the text "OneDrive" - albeit a notification to the app creator would be useful here.

OR

• There is a parsing bug that is wrongly removing "OneDrive" in parts of path + filename that it shouldn't be removing.

If you must have platform indication in your files then use "ODrive" or "1Drive" or maybe even "One-Drive" or "One_Drive"

Sample path to template on Microsoft 365

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 8.41.00 AM.png

Thanks for the response - I figured something like that. Are there other reserved keywords and are they documented? Interesting that my storage path & template file paths don't start with "//OneDrive/" like you are showing. Mine all start with the "appsheet" folder:

Jamie_3-1670082265136.png

Jamie_1-1670081981695.png

Jamie_2-1670082075697.png

Hoping your #2 scenario is the case and they can fix it. Unfortunately, changing to an alternate designation is problematic for me. Talk about meta - my App is used to catalog and deploy software (in this case "OneDrive for Business") but I can't call my package "OneDrive for Business" because the package files are themselves stored in OneDrive for Business! ๐Ÿ˜ต

Top Labels in this Space