Can't get in-line drowpdown from within Form

Iโ€™m trying to replicate the sample app (Order Capture How-to) and struggling with this item (no 7).
3X_f_2_f26c0e89cbe0c41f743aa482472aa6f6d7fd25d8.png

Iโ€™ve followed the tables, the slices and canโ€™t seem to get it all working.
I can see the slice after Iโ€™ve created a new record and want to edit it, but during the โ€˜create new orderโ€™ process it doesnโ€™t show the info.

Happy to share any other parts of the app, just let me know.

Than you.

Solved Solved
0 10 236
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes - if you look at the table โ€˜Request detailsโ€™ column โ€˜Requestโ€™, youโ€™ll see that column โ€˜is part ofโ€™ has been enabled. Those should be the only couple steps required to enable the โ€˜inline formโ€™.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Here is some images

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

IsAPartOf

Thanks Steve,
Creating the References between tables is sorted. The problem comes in where I want to select multiple items from a Ref table to create 1 order.
In my form, when I capture it directly, I donโ€™t see button 7 which will allow multiple records from the Ref table.
If I create my order without the items and afterwards navigate to the order, then I can add multiple orders.

Iโ€™m afraid your question seems to require more familiarity with the order capture app than I have.

I also donโ€™t have full context for your requirements, but a simple example of the pattern it sounds like youโ€™re trying to recreate is also available in the โ€˜Approvalsโ€™ template, in case thatโ€™s helpful.

@Peter the sample project you provided looks like a good example as well. Going to recreate this one to see if this gives what I need to understand the methods.FYI, Iโ€™m looking at the Supporting Links and Attachments field within the New Requests form.

Yes - if you look at the table โ€˜Request detailsโ€™ column โ€˜Requestโ€™, youโ€™ll see that column โ€˜is part ofโ€™ has been enabled. Those should be the only couple steps required to enable the โ€˜inline formโ€™.

The amount of words coming from my mouth because itโ€™s one of those โ€œitโ€™s a fโ€™n tick-boxโ€.

Thank you for that. This helps a lot and got it working now.

Sorry it wasnโ€™t obvious from the start, but glad itโ€™s working now for you.

Top Labels in this Space