Can't get in-line drowpdown from within Form

I’m trying to replicate the sample app (Order Capture How-to) and struggling with this item (no 7).
3X_f_2_f26c0e89cbe0c41f743aa482472aa6f6d7fd25d8.png

I’ve followed the tables, the slices and can’t seem to get it all working.
I can see the slice after I’ve created a new record and want to edit it, but during the ‘create new order’ process it doesn’t show the info.

Happy to share any other parts of the app, just let me know.

Than you.

Solved Solved
0 10 235
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes - if you look at the table ‘Request details’ column ‘Request’, you’ll see that column ‘is part of’ has been enabled. Those should be the only couple steps required to enable the ‘inline form’.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Here is some images

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

IsAPartOf

Thanks Steve,
Creating the References between tables is sorted. The problem comes in where I want to select multiple items from a Ref table to create 1 order.
In my form, when I capture it directly, I don’t see button 7 which will allow multiple records from the Ref table.
If I create my order without the items and afterwards navigate to the order, then I can add multiple orders.

I’m afraid your question seems to require more familiarity with the order capture app than I have.

I also don’t have full context for your requirements, but a simple example of the pattern it sounds like you’re trying to recreate is also available in the ‘Approvals’ template, in case that’s helpful.

@Peter the sample project you provided looks like a good example as well. Going to recreate this one to see if this gives what I need to understand the methods.FYI, I’m looking at the Supporting Links and Attachments field within the New Requests form.

Yes - if you look at the table ‘Request details’ column ‘Request’, you’ll see that column ‘is part of’ has been enabled. Those should be the only couple steps required to enable the ‘inline form’.

The amount of words coming from my mouth because it’s one of those “it’s a f’n tick-box”.

Thank you for that. This helps a lot and got it working now.

Sorry it wasn’t obvious from the start, but glad it’s working now for you.

Top Labels in this Space