Can we change the visible expression of a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW deeplink?

Hi,
I’ve added an App virtual column in a table to get a deeplink to a filtered view.
This works well except that in the view, the deeplink value is an extremely long url text that takes most of the place.
Is there any way to change this and replace the long url by a short text or a button ?
Thank you

3X_a_d_ade7d96cd34bb2fe296f4c49bfe8988e29e8d548.png
3X_5_6_561df14b4f52d502659a6316299260d7328f7ad5.png

Solved Solved
0 4 337
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Note that columns of type App are not intended for display directly to the user. Instead, they’re intended for use by actions behind the scenes.

If your intent here is to provide the user a clickable link to that filtered view, the more common approach would be to create an action of type App: go to another view within this app with a Target expression like what you currently have in that virtual column’s App formula.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

No, but you could effectively shorten the URL by creating a new slice & view, and using LINKTOVIEW().

Just build the filter into the slice, instead of using LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW().

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, but s.o. just game me a solution with an overlay button.
Regards
G

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Note that columns of type App are not intended for display directly to the user. Instead, they’re intended for use by actions behind the scenes.

If your intent here is to provide the user a clickable link to that filtered view, the more common approach would be to create an action of type App: go to another view within this app with a Target expression like what you currently have in that virtual column’s App formula.

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much ! This nice workaround solved my problem. Now I have an overlay button instead of a link to trigger the action. Great !

Regards
G

Top Labels in this Space