Can we make an Action button visible to ony a particular user?

Hi,

Can someone tell me how could i customise a Action button to be visible to only โ€˜aโ€™ particular user, where can i do this, and howโ€ฆ

Solved Solved
0 9 750
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe it will be

AND( [Status]=โ€œdispatchedโ€, IN(USEREMAIL(), {โ€œsomeuser1@gmail.comโ€, โ€œsomeuser2@gmail.comโ€, โ€œsomeuser3@gmail.comโ€}))

The above expression will check that the status of the record is โ€˜dispatchedโ€™ and the userโ€™s email is in the list of allowed usersโ€™email.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

If your users log in, you can add to the Actions Behavior - โ€œOnly if this condition is trueโ€ - the expression USEREMAIL() = "someuser@gmail.com"

If your users donโ€™t log in, you would need some way to identify who the user is and then use that info in Actionโ€™s Behavior. For more help with that, please let us know what data you have in the app to identify the user.

I already have a condition set for the action which goes like this [status]=dispatched

How can I add this condition and the particular user Email view one together

AND([Status] = โ€œdispatchedโ€, USEREMAIL() = โ€œsomeuser@gmail.comโ€)

what is the expresion if i want this to be shown for multiple users

You can use an IN() clause like so

...IN(USEREMAIL(), {"someuser1@gmail.com", "someuser2@gmail.com", "someuser3@gmail.com"})

with the addition of the condition of the condition [status]=dispatched, how can i add multiple email idโ€™s

what would the expression be when i add this condition [status]=dispatched along with the expression you have provided

I believe it will be

AND( [Status]=โ€œdispatchedโ€, IN(USEREMAIL(), {โ€œsomeuser1@gmail.comโ€, โ€œsomeuser2@gmail.comโ€, โ€œsomeuser3@gmail.comโ€}))

The above expression will check that the status of the record is โ€˜dispatchedโ€™ and the userโ€™s email is in the list of allowed usersโ€™email.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Top Labels in this Space