Cant get a format rule to work

TJK
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

I have format rules in place that are working fine to color pins on a map. I am trying to do another format rule which is exactly the same but just reads from a different column and this one won't work for me.

I have it at the top of the rules list, and I have just copied another rule and changed the formula to include the new source column.

TJK_0-1675732422846.png

The circled pins on the map shown should be pink..

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

Cheers

Troy

Solved Solved
0 5 106
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Additional details to check in troubleshooting:

• If you didn't already, confirm you selected the color using the same property in both rules--i.e., either "Highlight color" (which is the property that I think is applicable to map pins) or "Text color".
  • Confirm the rules are sequenced to achieve the effect you want. Per Format Rules: The Essentials - AppSheet Help "The rules are processed in order from the first to the last. If two matching rules conflict in their formatting information, the last rule takes precedence. "

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If you didn't already, confirm (e.g., using the test feature in the expression assistant) that your expression indeed evaluates to true for the intended rows. For example, if [Scoped] is not a Yes/No type column but rather a Text type column then your expression would need to be [Scoped] = "TRUE" (i.e., with quotes).

TJK
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Thanks so much for the quick reply dbaum!
I have the SCOPED set for Yes/No, but still not working.
Do you have any other suggestions?

TJK
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

It is exactly the same as [complete] which works fine???

TJK_2-1675733789532.pngTJK_3-1675733811283.png

TJK_1-1675733735986.png

TJK_4-1675733846110.png

Additional details to check in troubleshooting:

• If you didn't already, confirm you selected the color using the same property in both rules--i.e., either "Highlight color" (which is the property that I think is applicable to map pins) or "Text color".
  • Confirm the rules are sequenced to achieve the effect you want. Per Format Rules: The Essentials - AppSheet Help "The rules are processed in order from the first to the last. If two matching rules conflict in their formatting information, the last rule takes precedence. "

AHA!
I had it at the top of the list. I put it down the bottom (last) and that fixed it.

Thank you so much mate!

Top Labels in this Space