Cant use computed keys

I am unable to perform simple actions across tables where computed keys are in use. I have isolated this part of my process to make testing easier. The action is looking to update a column in the returned record, so there should be no issues of the action trying to add a duplicate key. In the case of the LOOKUP event, it passes a blank key value when a composite key is used.

Error when using an ADD process input:

Error when using a LOOKUP process input:

“The record will be retrieved using the primary key. Any additional columns will be used to update the record”. - Okay, but it won’t let me select the composite column as an input…

If I remove the composite key, then everything works fine. This wouldn’t be a long-term option in my use case…

1 10 410
10 REPLIES 10

@prithpal I think @Jonathon here is really stretching the bots legs. We’re finding quite a lot of gaps…

FWIW: the workaround for now was to make the virtual _ComputedKey column a physical column…

Everything works now.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Composite keys aren’t supported for lookup currently. We will update the documentation to make it clear.

Add varb is also not supporting computed_key as well?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Not sure I understand your point, computed_keys are computed, how would you enter those?

You said when we pick up look up as process input then computed key is not able to use to select a single row. So I simply ask led what is going to happen to the ADD as process input

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Updated the help article. Can you please take a look and let me know if the example clarifies the answer to your question?

Update is given to clarify to “Computed_Key” is not be used for process input? or something like that? but i could not locate the word of computed_key in this document.
So not sure what was updated actually.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Fixed.

Based on this latest doc, I understand only non-computed key is supported for LOOKUP, but non-computed_key IS supported for ADD, am I correct?

Top Labels in this Space