Card View - How to remove weird space at the top?

I have two views that use the Card view.  They are setup similarly, however one of the views (titled Team Members) has a big space above the header field while the other view (titled Projects) does not.  Check out the screenshots below.  I have played around with all the settings int the card view and cannot figure out how to remove that spacing.  One view has is sorted by group and the other view has action buttons - I tested both of these and it made no difference either.

Has anyone else seen this and know how to remove that weird spacing?

WITHOUT SPACE

Wihtout Space.png

WITH WEIRD SPACE

With Space.png

Solved Solved
0 6 347
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to solve the issue!  I think it is a little buggy as Steve mentioned.  I added an image type column to my data table then set the upper icon field to reflect that column, then I switched it back to none and the space went away.  I even deleted the image column after saving and the space did not return.

Even though the icon field defaults to none when there is no image column, the system must be erroneously interpreting it as an active, but empty field.  Using an image value to assign the field to seems to kick it out of the buggy behavior.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Most likely what's happening is the "defaults" for the card settings are set to something that can't be shown.

• So instead of getting rid of the space, the space is shown - empty

Go to the card settings, and click on the higher elements in the cart and change them to nothing

@MultiTech - Thanks for the reply.  I checked the higher items as you suggested, more specifically the Icon, Title, Subtitle, and Main Image fields and they are all set to "None" yet the space remains.  Any other ideas of where I can look?

@wheaties wrote:

Any other ideas of where I can look?

Sometimes you have to change the field to something else, THEN back to nothing in order for the actual space to go away.

Maybe that's the problem?

Just gave this another shot and unfortunately it didn't work still.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Card views have always been buggy. 😞

I was able to solve the issue!  I think it is a little buggy as Steve mentioned.  I added an image type column to my data table then set the upper icon field to reflect that column, then I switched it back to none and the space went away.  I even deleted the image column after saving and the space did not return.

Even though the icon field defaults to none when there is no image column, the system must be erroneously interpreting it as an active, but empty field.  Using an image value to assign the field to seems to kick it out of the buggy behavior.

Top Labels in this Space