Change Timestamp

Hi, I would like to know if my staff is late or not just by forming a formula with one of my columns. I have a column called โ€œTime Inโ€ and the column type is Change Timestamp. Using this โ€œTime Inโ€ column, I would like to form a formula under the โ€œLateโ€ column to know if the staff is late for work.

Letโ€™s assume that the start work timing is 8.30AM.
The formula that I have put in โ€œLateโ€ column is:
IF(AND(ISNOTBLANK([Time In]),[Time In] > TIME(โ€œ8:30โ€)),โ€œYESโ€,โ€œNOโ€)
However, if my โ€œTime Inโ€ column shows โ€œ5/13/2021 1:11:03โ€, the โ€œLateโ€ column will show โ€œYESโ€.
3X_6_1_61d1ffee89804a8099923cd326889e4f6e465b68.jpeg
In the above image, it shows โ€œThe value of column โ€˜Time Inโ€™) is greater than (TIME(โ€œ12/30/1899 8:30:00 AMโ€))โ€
Why is there a 12/30/1899?

Is there any way to solve this?
Thank you:)

0 9 318
9 REPLIES 9

Should be
TIME( [Time In] ) > "08:30:00"

The โ€œ12/30/1899โ€ is still there.

Is your expression giving the wrong result?

Yes, it is giving the wrong result.

Please post a screenshots of the configuration screens for the Time In and Late columns that include the top section, the Type Details section, and the Auto Compute section.

Time In is a ChangeTimestamp, which is a DateTime value. Both "08:30" and anything returned by TIME() is a Time value. To compare a DateTime value with a Time value, AppSheet converts the Time value to a DateTime value by adding a Date component. The default Date component is the date you see.

The easiest fix for you problem is to use this App formula expression for Late instead:

IF(
  AND(
    ISNOTBLANK([Time In]),
    (TIME([Time In]) > "08:30:00")
  ),
  "YES",
  "NO"
)

See also:

Thank you for the help. It is working.

I have not for once used columns of โ€˜changetimestampโ€™ type, so I really can not comment on that.

But what you are trying to achieve can be perfectly done by using the type of the same column as โ€œDateTimeโ€ or simply โ€œTimeโ€.

Use that and see if the situation changes

Top Labels in this Space