Change an Enum state using an Action

Rookie question but canโ€™t find the answer. I have an Enum column with 2 states, โ€œJRโ€ and โ€œSRโ€. Iโ€™d like to create an action that simply changes the state from JR to SR or SR to JR but canโ€™t figure out how to toggle/change Enum values with actions.

Iโ€™m assuming this is dead simple but, hey, these are the kind of questions you get when you make an app for no-coders

Solved Solved
0 5 912
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

And the expression that you canโ€™t quite see in there is:

IFS(
[enum] = "JR" , "SR" ,
[enum] = "SR" , "JR"
)

replace โ€œ[enum]โ€ with your actual column name.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

And the expression that you canโ€™t quite see in there is:

IFS(
[enum] = "JR" , "SR" ,
[enum] = "SR" , "JR"
)

replace โ€œ[enum]โ€ with your actual column name.

@Marc_Dillon I'm running into the same issue as OP and am trying this solution but I'm not understanding what the virtual column is supposed to do. I made the virtual column and in the App Formula I put my enum column, which in this case is [Status]. However, Appsheet still isn't letting me select the virtual column from the "Set these columns" section when building the action. I am certain I'm using the correct table and built the virtual column in the correct table.

Edit: I should clarify, my initial issue is that the enum list isn't popping up as an option in the "Set these columns" section.

There is no virtual column, that was just a poor example column because I probably took 5 seconds to create it, thus the markup text. If the enum column isn't showing as an option, that means it's not editable for some reason.

Oh I see, thank you for explaining this. You were right about it being because it wasn't editable. I Googled that for like an hour and just couldn't figure that one out. Appreciate your help.

@Marc_Dillon, Extremely helpful. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

Top Labels in this Space