Change form view

Iโ€™ve been able to change most of my form views to the form I created off of a slice. However, I am lost as to where I would change it in the attached image. If someone selects โ€œnewโ€ from the drop down, it goes to the system generated form not the custom form. Where would I change this?

Iโ€™ve already updated the ref rows int he data column, and have created actions so all my buttons and links from the inline view work right. This is the last one I need to fix.

Hope this makes sense - after looking at the image.1X_239b0bbe79b06f3bd10e89952c3be1d4488be2a9.png

0 7 671
7 REPLIES 7

@tcanelli
Provided you create a REF type Form for your slice, it will override the system generated Form View for your table.

@LeventK - yes it is a ref form and that form is what every other โ€œnewโ€ or โ€œeditโ€ goes to except from within that drop down. What am I missing?

@tcanelli
From the REF_ROWS expression of that ref column, ensure that the expression is pointing out that sliced data/table instead of the tableโ€™s data

@LeventK - thatโ€™s where Iโ€™m stuck. I already updated the ref rows for the pet and comment forms - this other sliced data/table/ref form is being accessed via the pet form in the drop down. 1X_40e31fa2a8b4fad675969ff520f5478ddb2e1775.jpeg

Is there a way to not have users add a new record from that drop down and force them to go to the menu to access the registration form?

@tcanelli
Sure thing. Just mark that slice as read_only

Canโ€™t do that because there are other views that need to edit/add using that slice.

Is there anyway to add the reference to the slice/form in the highlighted area?! Or would it create some sort of circular logic issue and mess things up?

Top Labels in this Space