Change system text message

Hi everyone,
I created an app where Iโ€™m using the date column as key since I have to enter 1 dataset only per day. If I enter another set of data on the same day Iโ€™m correctly getting the warning message โ€œthere is already a row with key mm/dd/yyyyโ€, Iโ€™m wondering if I can customize somehow this message.
Thanks.

Solved Solved
1 7 608
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try:

ISBLANK(
  FILTER(
    "table-name",
    ([_THIS] = [column-name])
  )
  - LIST([_THISROW])
)

Replace table-name with the name of the table, and column-name with the name of the column that shouldnโ€™t contain duplicate values.

Not correct. Valid If is evaluated before the check for a duplicate key. Give it a try!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

To customize the message, youโ€™ll need to set a Valid If expression that evaluates to FALSE if a duplicate key column value exists, the set the Invalid value error expression to the message you want displayed.

@Jacopo_Spinelli. There is no direct way to customize the error message of Key column.
Instead what you can do is:

1. Put Valid_if expression for Key column. In your case
    If(LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Date],table name,โ€œDateโ€,โ€œDateโ€)=LOOKUP([Date],table name,โ€œDateโ€,โ€œDateโ€), FALSE, TRUE) .
    2.When user tries to give the same date already exist in dataset, it will show an Inline error message. This can be defined in โ€œInvalid Value Errorโ€.

3X_2_2_2219ca36daa5e1fe9cbd1e2d4cb0947392771c2a.png

Thank you both for the input you gave, I wasnโ€™t able to setup the valid if condition you mentioned above, anyway I think it will not replace the system alert message โ€œthere is already a row with key mm/dd/yyyyโ€, is it correct?

Yes @Jacopo_Spinelli. We cannot replace the system alert message.

Also, try putting valid_if for the date column(Key column) in your case with LOOKUP expression. This expression checks whether record exists or not. If the record exists then โ€œInvalid error Valueโ€ fires and displays the message which we gave

Try:

ISBLANK(
  FILTER(
    "table-name",
    ([_THIS] = [column-name])
  )
  - LIST([_THISROW])
)

Replace table-name with the name of the table, and column-name with the name of the column that shouldnโ€™t contain duplicate values.

Not correct. Valid If is evaluated before the check for a duplicate key. Give it a try!

Thanks @Gowtham, maybe the customization of these messages could be a further development of the system, currently even if the valid if condition is setup correctly I do not see any added value as the message will keep staying there.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi @Steve,
the formula you suggested is working, I just had to put a NOT() before the formula itself and the system message is not shown anymore, only the valid if message appears.
Thanks a lot.

Top Labels in this Space