Change the table source from the app editor

Goodnight

I raise this query to the community for guidance.

I have an app that has multiple tables spread across multiple workbooks.

This contributes to slow sync time, so my idea is to unify all the tables in a single Google Sheets workbook.

The question is:

Can this be done directly from the app editor, going into data/tables, and then changing the current table origin to the new origin, choosing the new workbook and new sheet? (all of the above, assuming that in the new origin we will already have identical row and column information, and the name of the sheet, as that which appears in the table that is replaced).

The relationships with other tables, and other definitions configured in the appsheet for the tables with origin reformulated as described above, are they maintained? Thanks. Marcos. 

Solved Solved
0 1 272
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Indeed, switching an appsheet table to a different data source (e.g., a different spreadsheet file) is very straightforward from the table's Storage properties section. Select the new Source Path
and then select the right Worksheet Name/Qualifier. There's no impact to the table's other properties nor its columns.

Try it out first on a dummy table and then you'll quickly feel comfortable.

See some screenshots in  Solved: Moving a table to a different google sheet - Google Cloud Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Indeed, switching an appsheet table to a different data source (e.g., a different spreadsheet file) is very straightforward from the table's Storage properties section. Select the new Source Path
and then select the right Worksheet Name/Qualifier. There's no impact to the table's other properties nor its columns.

Try it out first on a dummy table and then you'll quickly feel comfortable.

See some screenshots in  Solved: Moving a table to a different google sheet - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space